Happy New Year! As you can tell from my lack of posts, I took a little holiday break. But now that I’m back, I’ve been thinking about my year of reading.
I had a banner year last year with 89 total books read. I typically average around 40-50 per year. My best prior year, I read 57. I read so many books last year that I can’t even remember half of what I read without looking it up. So I decided to take a look back through my Goodreads stats and see what my favorite books of 2017 actually were. And without further ado (and in no particular order), here they are. Drum roll, please!!!!
- The Saga Series – I’m not a huge graphic novel reader, but the Saga series changed that for me. I find myself searching for other graphic novel series that I’ll fall in love with. Recommendations welcome!
- Leviathan Wakes – this was long, but a really great book and it lead me into the rabbit hole that is the television series, The Expanse. Check it out on SyFy, but be forewarned if you want to read the books, that the television seasons, particularly season 2 and beyond, are a blend of the first 2 or 3 books in the series.
- Born a Crime – a must listen on audiobook!
- One of Us is Lying – the Breakfast Club meets a whodunnit. A really fun and captivating read. Standalone review of this one coming soon.
- The Others Series – These books are strange and I still have a hard time describing why I like them so much, but for some reason, I was addicted to them.
- The Epic Crush of Genie Lo – an amazing BookCon find. One of my favorites that I got from the show.
- Berserker – one of my absolute favorites from this year.
- House of Furies – an unexpectedly spooky and fun library find.
- The Last Black Unicorn – another audiobook must. Standalone review of this one coming soon.
- They Both Die in the End – strange and funny and sad. Overall, Ioved it!
There were other greats, but these are the ones that jump out at me as I look back.